Adding celeriac to this recipe cuts down on the "bite" that often accompanies cauliflower.
Mashed Cauliflower and Celeriac with Basil
Recipe Type: side dish
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 small celeriac root
- big handful fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 T onion powder
- 1-2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the celeriac with a knife and chop into 1 inch chunks.
- Cut the base off the cauliflower.
- Steam the cauliflower, celeriac, and garlic clove for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- When veggies are done, put them in a food processor. You may have to do 2 batches.
- Blend with basil, spices and olive oil.
- You can substitute real butter for olive oil, or coconut milk or regular milk for a "creamier" consistency.