What kind do you have?
I always considered myself a pretty confident person. I made friends easily, wasn't afraid to say "no", joined the circus in college (well, this was really to get out of having to take a traditional PE class), sought out and held jobs, survived divorce, and did many things (including public speaking) that were a bit scary for me.
So if you asked me 10 years ago if I was a confident person, I would have said, "hell ya!"
BUT I REALLY WASN'T.
I was confused about what I wanted to do with my life.
I flittered from one "degree" and certification to another.
I was a people pleaser, justifying my behavior as being "helpful", "gracious", and "polite".
My solar plexus (personal power center) was way out of whack, and emotionally contributed to physical digestive issues.
I feared being judged by others.
And I wasn't listening to what I wanted. Rather, I made decisions based on what I felt I "should" be doing and what would make me "look good".
I was confident on the OUTSIDE, but I was so OUT OF TOUCH with my DIVINE confidence.
There is a difference!!!
Divine confidence is your SOURCE. It was given to you at birth, and can never be taken away.
It is that part of you at age 3 that told you to put on your Wonder Woman underoos and go to school dressed that way, because then your outsides matched how you felt on the inside. You totally listened! And even added a gold wrist band. You didn't care about being judged by others; they couldn't bring your spirit down!
But as we get older, we stop listening. We are taught not to follow our inner spark; rather we are to let rules and logic pave the way. We are programmed to adopt the beliefs and opinions of family, friends, colleagues, bosses, and society, and make them our own.
Many moons later you:
- hate your job
- feel stuck in one (or many) of your relationships
- are overwhelmed with all the "to-do's"
- wonder how you let your health go to the crapper
- sabotage your very best efforts to do the things that will make you happy (let's see...fears, anxiety, procrastination, excuses, etc.)
- and/or are exhausted from trying to find what's missing in your life from anyone and anything
Maybe you are truly unhappy, or maybe you are like me.... I was happy, but unfulfilled. I wanted more.
But don't worry. The good news is that YOU CAN RETURN TO YOUR SOURCE. You can reconnect with your DIVINE confidence. It is still there.
If you too want MORE, I invite you to join me in a free webinar workshop, this Saturday (2/20/16) at 11am EST, to learn how to get back to the source of your REAL confidence.
We are going to talk:
- How to identify your soul voice, your warrior, your authentic self so you know where the heck it is and what it sounds like!
- The big WHY – why you absolutely need to know this and how it can totally transform your life.
- How your physical body can sabotage your greatest efforts at happiness and change…because sometimes really, really, really wanting something just isn’t enough.
- What to do to get your body on board.